Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services is a dynamic, enthusiastic, and friendly place to work. We believe in the work that we do and the services we provide for the youth in our communities! We believe our staff is TOPS!!
Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services offers a competitive salary and benefits program. Please check below for available positions:
The Case Manager/Health Educator is responsible for providing a trusting, open and non-judgmental relationship with all teens and their families throughout their pregnancy and postpartum period. This relationship is built upon numerous hours of case management, educational support, telephone monitoring, collaboration, compliance, mentoring, and hospital and home visits. The relationship the Case Manager/Health Educator creates for Starting Out Right (SOR) clients in the beginning sets the precedence throughout the client’s time in the program.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Behavioral Health/Psychology, Social Work or a related field, Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, and current CPR certification are required. Additional requirements include: 100/300 Liability Auto Insurance, a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and the ability to pass a background check.
- Facilitate Starting Out Right healthy pregnancy classes and schedule make-up classes as needed
- Facilitate healthy relationships, life skills and pregnancy prevention classes for pregnant and parenting teens
- Facilitate support groups and coordinate special events as appropriate
- Maintain weekly contact with Nurse Educator to provide optimum client care
- Conduct Initial Needs Assessment
- Set goals with clients and provide ongoing advocacy and support for clients to achieve goals
- Make referrals for services in the community, including family planning
- Promote SOR programming in the communities we serve
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Maintain client information in both the SOR database and hard copy client files
- Maintain compliance and follow all SOR policies
- Provide additional support and mentoring as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services prohibits discrimination against its customers on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, in any program or activity conducted. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, you may contact our Human Resource Department at 520.284.9563 or you may call the Civil Rights Division at (888) 736-5551 or (202) 514-3847. You may also visit www.justice.gov.